Monday, March 2, 2009

When Circumstances Become our God

God has been working hard on me these past weeks, trying to get through to me that I have let my circumstances become my god.  I understand this in my head, but if I am honest when things get bad I freak out.  Every time I think I have got this lesson learned, something else happens and I take my trust off God and put it solely on my own abilities to right the ship.  And that never goes well.  Why is trust in God, who has ever again and again proved Himself faithful, so hard to master?

Speaking of dire circumstances and God, I thought this article from the NY Times was interesting, more for the comments that follow it than the actual article.  And the fact that it appears in the NY Times.

Soli Deo Gloria

1 comment:

  1. Michael, I feel you will do great things. Your heart is certainly tuned in to God's word and that is a formula for success and joy in that success.

    I was doing some bible study this morning on wisdom and I don't really know how I got led to this, but anyway...

    Your sis-in-law, Flos

    ReplyDelete